Internet D&D Questions Issue 2

Alright, welcome back. This is my second time trawling the internet for questions to answer. And let me say, I enjoyed more then I thought I would. If I continue to enjoy it, that means I have a new hobby!

1. Tinker rogue weapon/tool ideas

Wow, this one's really interesting. Let's see how many I can come up with
1) Alchemist's Fire: Not actually my own invention, but definitely belongs in the list. PHB pg148.
2) Smoke Stone: Little stone, fired from a slingshot. On contact, heavily obscures the area with smoke for several rounds.
3) Sticky Slime: Green slime in small glass jars. Throw at enemies and the glass will break, causing the acidic slime to stick to your target.
4) Endless String: Looks like a small ball of string. The more you unravel it, the more string appears.Able to hold much more weight then should be possible.
5) Skeleton Key: Magical key that opens all locks.

Well, that wasn't as many as I'd thought :( . Oh well.

2. Planning a 5e Planescape Campaign

When I saw this, my mind was blown. I love Planescape! I recently got the PDFs of 5 awesome Planescape books from second edition for just 15 American dollars!
I've been DMing Planescape for a bit now, and will probably write a brief overview of what's happening in my campaign for another post.
Anyway, this isn't exactly a "question", so I can't exactly "answer" it. I will, however, provide my thoughts on this.
Check out this, this and this. Those pages were my primary resource before I got the books.
I think that when running a Planescape campaign, you have 2 options. You can either focus on the Blood War (battle between demons and devils) or the factions. The factions are almost always complex, but the blood war can vary in complexity depending on your style.
Whatever you do, you need to make a guide for you players if you want them to be able to keep up with everything that's happening.

3. Your ideas for festival activities

The person who wrote this specifically asked for winter festival ideas, so here goes.

  • A "who can last the longest outside in the snow in their undies contest.
  • A candy cane eating contest.
  • A variation of the classic snowball fight, where all the apprentice mages in the area bewitch snowballs to fly at everyone else.
  • A game of capture the flag on ice.
  • A competition between several villages, to see which can make the biggest bonfire.
  • The graduation of the "Ice Mages" from Melf's Academy of Elemental Magic.
  • An ice fishing competition.
  • A celebration of the god/goddess of Spring on the last day of winter, to thank him/her for the melting.
  • A tree chopping competition or tree chopping party.

4. Hunters Guild Missions


  • Capture the magical golden stag (or bunny rabbit) without killing it, because you will get a wish. As a twist, the stag is a demon trapped in animal form, and the ritual you perform on the animal to get the wish actually releases it.
  • People from the town have been cutting down the forest more aggressively then normal. You must get them to stop. As a twist, the townsmen are cutting down the trees because the leader of the hunters guild told them it was Ok. He/She wants to provoke a war between the town and the hunters guild, so that the hunters have an excuse to kill the townsfolk and let nature rule supreme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Banned my Players from Playing Chaotic Neutral

Fifth Age Session 2